Wednesday, August 5, 2009

REVIVING E.S.I.I THROUGH DIOCESANS INITIATIVES

Mr. A.K.Roba: At the time of the Industrial Revolution in Durgapur, during the late fifties & early sixties the Ecumenical Social & Industrial Institute (E.S.I.I) was one of the pioneer Institutes in Durgapur imparting quality Industrial Education to all. Due to lack of proper leadership at the helm, for a period of eight years, the vision with which it was started by Rev. Keyon Wright and others has now been revived by the initiatives of the Rt. Revd. Dr. Probal Kanto Dutta, Bishop of Durgapur Diocese, The Rt. Revd. Ashoke Biswas , Bishop of Kolkata Diocese, the Rev. Dr. Enos Das Pradhan, General Secretary, CNI- Synod and Mr. Sudipta Singh, Programme Director, CNI- Synod. The Board of Governors has appointed Mr. Sushil Sharma as the resident Director. Mr. Sharma has a Master in Social Work with 22 years of experience working with CASA. A Board has been constituted and we feel that the Board will evoke and realize the Vision, Mission and the past Glory of E.S.I.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment