Thursday, August 20, 2009

Manju Tudu's Testimony


I had two mothers in my home. One of them died due to a injury in the leg which got septic. I don’t have my father, neither do I have brothers or sisters. I used to stay back at home and study in the Anganwadi (ICDS) School while my mothers went in search of work as daily labourers. Our house is a broken down. Many wicked people used to enter my house. My mother used to say no when they offered some money to take me away. I come to the Durgapur Child Study and Development Centre for nearly three to four years, Madam (Mrs. Rita Dutta) used to inquire about my house many times and I used to tell her all that used to happen. Seeing my condition and she built a hostel for us where I stay now and from where I go to school daily. I am now in the sixth standard of the local Government Sponsored Girl’s High School. The hostel I stay in is very good and they take very good care of me.
Last Saturday (25th July), I and my Miss Kaviraj boarded a Eureka Bus and went to Kolkata to go to Delhi. Taking a taxi from the bus stand we headed towards the airport. After the people in the airport checked all our things we boarded the bus to take us to the aircraft. I was thinking I must be dreaming when in the bus and when I was climbing up the stairs to board the plane I was feeling like I was entering heaven. How the two hours went past from Kolkata to Delhi, I cannot express in words. On reaching Delhi we were welcomed by Sulakshna Miss from the YMCA, who took us to their hostel where the programme was to be held. I enjoyed every moment of the programme I attended. I made many new friends and we all participated in a drama that we enacted on stage. I felt a bit nervous and afraid when I was told to speak in the programme. After getting through all those, I told the audience about me and my centre, my hostel, its teachers and my friends here in Durgapur. After I had finished telling them everything everyone was praising me and I was feeling so proud that I am a part of the Durgapur Centre.
When returning back we shared our love and I was also feeling sad that I had to leave so many friends that I had made. I could not believe myself that I would, one day in my life, join others in such a huge meeting. I am very thankful to my Madam and Bishop Sir for sending me and making a dream of my lifetime come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment